Information

Can cats eat anchovies

Can cats eat anchovies



We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Can cats eat anchovies?

This answer is community-vetted and generally considered reliable. If this question is not an exact duplicate of Can cats eat anchovies? then please post your answer there too.

Anchovies are a group of small oily fish (family Gadidae). Fish is a term that may refer to any animal of the phylum Chordata (the class Osteichthyes in the taxonomic group Animalia). There are more than 32,000 different fish species[1] known to date. Anchovies are also called "sardines" and "anchovy" (the same, by extension).

Cats are omnivores, eating plants, meat, fish, fruits and vegetables. Fats and oils, including fish oils, are a very important part of their diet. They get a large portion of their calories from fats and oils[3]. An average healthy cat ingests about 12.5% of their calories from fats, and another 19.5% of their calories from oils.

While they have a high oil content, anchovies do not contain a lot of protein, because their oil is a by-product of their digestion.

The anchovy, however, is a very versatile fish that can be used in many of the same ways as sardines and tuna. They can be canned, pickled, added to stir fries, soups, stews, omelets and salads.

A good place to start looking for more information about anchovies is in the wikipedia entry on Fish, a wiki entry about fish and other seafood.

1. A few anchovies. They don't have very much of a taste to them, but they're nice in sauces and stuff like that. I don't think I'd be too concerned if they got into the other fish or meat in a recipe and were a huge problem - I'd just figure it out. If they were to be concerned about that, they could probably be told to avoid that dish, just in case.

2. An actual case of anchovy poisoning. From that point on, anchovies should be a really big problem for them. The Wikipedia entry does say that it's usually caused by the fish soaking up other foods' flavors. This wouldn't happen if they were cooked, just raw.

A case of anchovy poisoning was discovered in the United States in August 1998, when a Florida woman had an allergic reaction to anchovies. In 1999, in Washington State, an anchovy allergic rhinitis suffered anaphylaxis.[5] These incidents led to several state bans on anchovies.

"Although the fish has sometimes been blamed for "mocking bird syndrome," the American Association of Birds of Prey has noted that there is no scientific evidence to support this theory. The Fish and Wildlife Service in Oregon, however, has ruled that the birds do get sick from anchovy consumption, although it is difficult to say how much a bird would consume or whether it would actually die from a certain amount of anchovy. In 2003, however, a case was reported of a man who contracted an anaphylactic reaction from eating too many anchovies.[6] This reaction was in the form of a life-threatening swelling of the tongue and throat."[7]

For a more complete look at "mocking bird syndrome", I'm referring to an earlier post:

It's a bit of a stretch to say that all birds share one immune system. However, the same species does indeed have very similar immune systems, and if they share a taste aversion to something, it's reasonable to assume that humans can suffer similar side effects.

If the issue is that human stomachs aren't made to handle a certain amount of anchovies, or some other food - this is most likely true, and would explain why humans don't eat it, for the most part, however, it isn't a reason that makes most birds sick.

However, I think that it is extremely unfair to say that birds don't have the same reaction as humans. While they might not die from an overdose, they very well might develop a reaction in the same way. Just because they're "stronger" doesn't mean they aren't a living organism.

I find it hard to believe that any scientific study has been conducted on what happens to people when they ingest large amounts of an animal, especially if they have an allergy. I also find it odd that all the animals I've mentioned - anchovies, clams, and shrimp - are used to flavor food. So much so that it would make sense that if there's a reaction, they would be used in food. And considering that the majority of human food is meat, I would expect the same result when humans are poisoned. Yet, here we have stories about people who go to the hospital because they are allergic to the protein of a crustacean. So it appears that human food can cause the same reaction as animal food. So in that respect, I do think it's fair to say that it is possible that some of these animal could actually be considered toxic to humans.

The reason that this is important is because there are a lot of cases where people are injured and killed by people who go to the ocean, who eat some kind of shellfish. A guy I know, a young guy, was in the ocean, took a small amount of a shellfish in his mouth, and choked. He was fine afterwards. It wasn't until the next day that he started getting sick, and passed away several hours later. So a person can become poisoned with a small amount of food, without knowing that it is poison.

However, I do agree that a lot of this is just sensationalism, and that many animals are used in our diet without concern. So I agree with what some of you have said about this debate. The people who say it is impossible should probably be more scientific, because the evidence for some of this is fairly good. The other side, should be more concerned with other things. To just throw around wild guesses about how something works is just very irresponsible, and a lot of people are becoming worried about that.

I am not sure what is more irresponsible, the statement that an octopus could be poisonous, or the comment that any reaction that an octopus has could be used for the purposes of making weapons,

I have never heard the phrase, "A person can become poisoned with a small amount of food, without knowing it is poison." But I did hear the phrase "if a reaction happens, it could be used as a poison."

So...a person could be poisoned by an Octopus, while not knowing it is poisonous?

I think one side could be more irresponsible...it's the whole, "an Octopus could be poison!" or, "any reaction can be used as a poison."

While one side isn't more irresponsible, I guess I am just thinking, "I'd rather you be more responsible."

I'm not sure I'm really qualified to say one side or the other is more responsible.

I do agree with those who say the people who say "it's impossible" are probably making wild guesses, and not really know much about chemistry or food chemistry, etc. I've even heard of animals that are poisonous that people eat.

One example I heard about a long time ago was of monkeys. Many of the monkeys they had were venomous. People ate the monkeys with impunity, but it was quite a bit of pain. (the monkeys weren't poisoned to death, they died from other things, but they were bitten a lot).

The other part of my point is that a lot of this stuff has been going on for


Watch the video: Vet tips- 10 τοξικές τροφές για γάτες που δεν γνώριζες!!! (August 2022).

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos